Archives by Blog Posts

Pavlov Republic

Up the river Merkinė is an old manor, now known as the Pavlov Republic, which was at ceratin periods owned by various nobility fammilies, notably the families Radziwill, Sluškiai,...

St. Theresa of the Infant Jesus Church in Akmenynė

As a Greek Catholic confession church it was mentioned in 1830 Turgeliai Church visitation. The present church was bilt in 1928 and in 1945 the parish was created. The...

St. Virgin Mary of the Rosary Church in Dieveniškės

The original church was founded in 1471, but the current wooden church was built in 1783. The church contains valuable monuments – a cross, two easel paintings, three...

Butrimonys St. Archangel Michael Church

St. Archangel Michael's Church was built in 1799 by Karolis Podčašinskis (Jašiūnų manor author). It was renovated in 1890, maintaining its pristine single nave plan. There are three altars,...

The Church of the Holy Trinity in Rūdninkai

The Rūdninkai forest has been well known since the 15th century for its iron ore mines and iron-works, bears and bison, thus, the Grand Duke Casimirus Jagellon (1427-1492) had...

St. Anne’s Church in Jašiūnai

St. Anne's church in Jašiūnai was founded in 1515. It belonged to the Reformed Church - in 1640 the church was robbed by troops led by the Duke...

Turgeliai St. Virgin Mary of the Assumption Church

The first church in Turgeliai was built in 1511 by Vaclavas and his brother Aleksandras Mangridai and also Viktoras Gabrialovičius. The current St. Virgin Mary of the Assumption...

Eišiškių Ascension Church

The present church made of stone was constructed between 1847-1852 by a well-known historian and engineer Teodoras Narbutas. The high bell tower (40m) with two doors...

Derliaus šventė

Comments Off on Derliaus šventė Jun 15, 2015

Jaunimo vasara

Comments Off on Jaunimo vasara Jun 15, 2015
Scroll to Top