Architectural Monuments

DSC_0641

Vilkiškiai mansion

Built in 1847 by the noble Domochovskiai family, Vilkiškiai mansion is a rectangular, wooden one-storey building, raising on a high stone foundation, and decorated with a mezzanine double-decker portico. Each floor was based on elegant…

DSC_0388

St. Archangel Michael Church in Tabariškės

Built in 1770 by Lithuanian scribe Mykolas Skarbek-Važinskis, the wooden church of St. Michael the Archangel in Tabariškės remains one of the oldest churches in the district of Šalčininkai. In 1809 a poorhouse was…

DSC_0517

Jašiūnų palace and park

Since 1402 Jašiūnų settlement belonged to one of the most powerful, noble and richest of Lithuanian families, the Radziwill family. In 1811 the Radziwill family sold the Jašiūnų Palace to Ignacas Balinskis. After his death the Palace passed into…

8

The Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker

Further on the road turns to Gojus – an old street village with the wooden single-nave St. Nicholas the Wonderworker Church, erected in 1937.
At present, the church belongs to Old Believers community, which has almost sixty members…

DSC_0204

St. Theresa of the Infant Jesus Church in Akmenynė

As a Greek Catholic confession church it was mentioned in 1830 Turgeliai Church visitation. The present church was bilt in 1928 and in 1945 the parish was created. The church is high and has one nave, in the Frontpage of the church there is a quadrangular tower. The interior of the church is not very rich, but has a few art monuments. ne of them…

DSC_9931

St. Virgin Mary of the Rosary Church in Dieveniškės

The original church was founded in 1471, but the current wooden church was built in 1783. The church contains valuable monuments – a cross, two easel paintings, three sculptures, two bells (made in 1743 and 1840). In the churchyard there is a monument dedicated to Motiejus Valančius, a Lithuanian bishop and writer…

DSC_2498

Butrimonys St. Archangel Michael Church

St. Archangel Michael’s Church was built in 1799 by Karolis Podčašinskis (Jašiūnų manor author). It was renovated in 1890, maintaining its pristine single nave plan. There are three altars, and a cosy interior with upholstered walls with wooden boards, floors and ceilings. In the original façade there is an original balcony railing, and a statue of Christ…

DSC_1003

The Church of the Holy Trinity in Rūdninkai

The Rūdninkai forest has been well known since the 15th century for its iron ore mines and iron-works, bears and bison, thus, the Grand Duke Casimirus Jagellon (1427-1492) had a luxurious hunting estate. At present, the forest is a landscape preservation park, however, hunting is still performed…

DSC_0749-Edit

St. Anne’s Church in Jašiūnai

St. Anne’s church in Jašiūnai was founded in 1515. It belonged to the Reformed Church – in 1640 the church was robbed by troops led by the Duke Jonušas Radziwill, and in the beginning of the 18th century the church was burned by Swedish Protestant army, thus the town had no temple (except chapels) for a while…

DSC_0535

Turgeliai St. Virgin Mary of the Assumption Church

The first church in Turgeliai was built in 1511 by Vaclavas and his brother Aleksandras Mangridai and also Viktoras Gabrialovičius. The current St. Virgin Mary of the Assumption Church is constructed from brick but rebuilt in 1897-1909 by architect Alexei Polozov…

DSC_8496

Eišiškių Ascension Church

The present church made of stone was constructed between 1847-1852 by a well-known historian and engineer Teodoras Narbutas. The high bell tower (40m) with two doors…

DSC_1021

Kobilinskiai Chapel

The Kobilinskiai Chapel is a classical-style building with harmonious forms. It has got a rotunda with a dome tower and annexes on the sides. Built in 1850 from brick, the interior decor of…

DSC_9987

Monastery in Norviliškės

DSC_9014

Vagner Palace

etnografiniai-žižmai-1

Ethnographic village Žižmai

salcininkai-namas

One-street village Rimašiai

poškonys-2

Poškonys village

 

All photos are property of the Šalčininkai Region District Municipality and are copyrighted.

When publishing the photo please make note of the copyright:

©Šalčininkų rajono savivaldybės administracija/www.salcininkai.lt

More information: turizmas@salcininkai.lt

Scroll to Top