Archives by Blog Posts

Vilkiškiai mansion

Built in 1847 by the noble Domochovskiai family, Vilkiškiai mansion is a rectangular, wooden one-storey building, raising on a high stone foundation, and decorated with a mezzanine...

St. Archangel Michael Church in Tabariškės

Built in 1770 by Lithuanian scribe Mykolas Skarbek-Važinskis, the wooden church of St. Michael the Archangel in Tabariškės remains one of the oldest churches in the district of ...

Jašiūnų palace and park

Since 1402 Jašiūnų settlement belonged to one of the most powerful, noble and richest of Lithuanian families, the Radziwill family. In 1811 the Radziwill family sold the Jašiūnų Palace...

The Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker

Further on the road turns to Gojus – an old street village with the wooden single-nave St. Nicholas the Wonderworker Church, erected in 1937. At present, the church belongs...

St. Theresa of the Infant Jesus Church in Akmenynė

As a Greek Catholic confession church it was mentioned in 1830 Turgeliai Church visitation. The present church was bilt in 1928 and in 1945 the parish was created. The...

St. Virgin Mary of the Rosary Church in Dieveniškės

The original church was founded in 1471, but the current wooden church was built in 1783. The church contains valuable monuments – a cross, two easel paintings, three...

Butrimonys St. Archangel Michael Church

St. Archangel Michael's Church was built in 1799 by Karolis Podčašinskis (Jašiūnų manor author). It was renovated in 1890, maintaining its pristine single nave plan. There are three altars,...

The Church of the Holy Trinity in Rūdninkai

The Rūdninkai forest has been well known since the 15th century for its iron ore mines and iron-works, bears and bison, thus, the Grand Duke Casimirus Jagellon (1427-1492) had...

St. Anne’s Church in Jašiūnai

St. Anne's church in Jašiūnai was founded in 1515. It belonged to the Reformed Church - in 1640 the church was robbed by troops led by the Duke...

Turgeliai St. Virgin Mary of the Assumption Church

The first church in Turgeliai was built in 1511 by Vaclavas and his brother Aleksandras Mangridai and also Viktoras Gabrialovičius. The current St. Virgin Mary of the Assumption...

Scroll to Top