EIŠIŠKIŲ ASCENSION CHURCH
The present church made of stone was constructed between 1847-1852 by a well-known historian and engineer Teodoras Narbutas. The high bell tower (40m) with two doors on the sides is a rare architectural composition. There are many valuable paintings in the church, the most valuable of which come from the 18th and 19th centuries, including a portrait of the priest R. Kalinovski, and “Ascension” and “Mary”. These paintings are considered to be monuments of national importance.