In historical sources Poškonys were first mentioned in Grand Duchy of Lithuania legislation documents in 1713. At that time the village belonged to the Arlaviščių estate, governed by landlord Jonas Žemla. According to the layout of homesteads and buildings, all the houses are on the same side of the street, which is called a one-street type settlement. Old homes and mansions were decorated manually by their habitants. Architecturally and historically valuable is the Old street. Most of the homesteads were built in the end of 19th century.