ST. ANNE’S CHURCH IN JAŠIŪNAI
St. Anne’s church in Jašiūnai was founded in 1515. It belonged to the Reformed Church – in 1640 the church was robbed by troops led by the Duke Jonušas Radziwill, and in the beginning of the 18th century the church was burned by Swedish Protestant army, thus the town had no temple (except chapels) for a while. On the other hand, there were chapels built, also there was a Dominican monk in the town, maintained by the Palace owners in the middle of XIX century. Unfortunately, in year 1866 the tsarist government closed the chapel. In 1929 the St. Anne’s Church with its three naves and one tower was erected and is considered the Jašiūnų village centrepiece.